What is the Health Information Point?
It is a free and confidential health information service originally developed by Basingstoke and North Hampshire NHS Foundation Trust and Macmillan Cancer Support.
The Health Information Point is staffed by an experienced health information manager and a team of specially trained volunteers.
We will be happy to help you find the information you need.
**As we are currently closed to the public, please email or telephone us for assistance.**
If you are affected by cancer and require financial advice, please contact the Hampshire Macmillan Citizens Advice Service direct for assistance.
Who is it for?
Although we are based at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, anyone with a query about health can use the Health Information Point. There is no need for a referral from your doctor, or even to make an appointment.
Feel free to help yourself to leaflets from our collection or use our computers to find out more about illnesses, tests, treatments and healthy lifestyles.
You can also contact us via telephone or email. We will then send the information to you.
What services are available?
Please note that we are currently closed to the public but we can signpost you to all the services listed below if you email us or leave a message on our voicemail (01256 313969).
- Up to date high quality leaflets and factsheets to take away
- Free guided internet access for health-related queries
- Expert assistance to find answers to your questions
- A free enquiry service (in person, by phone or email)
- Details of local and national support groups and organisations
- Signposting to other local services, such as NHS dentists
- Twice weekly Macmillan Citizens Advice financial clinic for people affected by cancer (call 0344 847 7727 to make an appointment)
- Weekly drop-in clinic (Tuesdays 10am to 1pm) for anyone with concerns about alcohol
- A quiet room to discuss your concerns in private.
Where can I find the Health Information Point?
The Health Information Point is situated within the main entrance of Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital.
Please note that we are currently closed to the public.
We are currently closed to the public.
Please email us with your queries.
You can also leave a message for us on 01256 313969 and we will endeavour to return your call within one working day.