|Location||Emergency Department, B Floor, Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital|
|Clinical Matron||Heidi Davies|
|Sister / Charge nurse||TBA|
08:00 - 20:00
7 days a week
Same Day Emergency Care (SDEC) is an innovative way of providing a safe, flexible, same day emergency service for appropriate patients. Our service aims to prevent unnecessary hospital admission and provide a better patient experience.
Our SDEC Unit offers easy access to early diagnostic tests, specialist staff, and review by a hospital consultant all in one place. Patients must be referred and clinically accepted by the SDEC team.
Patients are referred from:
• Emergency Department
• Wards (as part of support network to facilitate early discharge)
SDEC is located in the Emergency Department next to the short stay ward at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital.
- On arrival patients are booked in and seated in a waiting area.
- The patient has an initial assessment with a nurse and medical doctor.
- Suitable investigations are arranged and carried out.
- These are then reviewed with the medical consultant.
- Appropriate treatment is then started.
Our aim is to work towards a safe and appropriate discharge home. If however, admission to hospital is required, the SDEC team will arrange a bed in the Acute Admission Unit or the most appropriate medical ward.
For GPs, 111 or other services, please contact our Clinical Communication Centre to get in contact.