When we are open
There is no need to make an appointment, with patients treated in order of priority rather than order of attendance.
The unit is open between 8.30am and 6pm, seven days a week. X-ray facilities are available between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Unfortunately, due to a technical issue, x-ray facilities are not currently available at Andover hospital.
Patients attending the minor injuries unit who require an x-ray will need to travel to either Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital or Royal Hampshire County Hospital, in Winchester, to have their scan carried out.
Apologies for the inconvenience this will cause.
What we treat
If you’re not sure which NHS service you need, or need advice about where to go, visit NHS Choices or call 111, where advisors are on hand to assess your symptoms.
We provide assessment and treatment for the following conditions:
- Sprains and strains
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Broken bones in arms and legs
- Discolations of fingers and toes
- Wounds including cuts and grazes
- Soft tissue injuries and/or bruising
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Minor burns and scalds
- Minor head injuries with no loss of consciousness
- Insect and animal bites
- Minor eye injuries
We are unable to help with:
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulties
- Children under two years of age who need an x-ray
- Unwell children
- Minor illness (please see your GP or call 111 for advice)
- Stomach pains
- Gynaecological problems
- Pregnancy problems
- Allergic reactions
- Alcohol or drug related problems
- Mental Health problems
- Dental problems
- Catheter issues
- Conditions likely to require hospital admission
- Leg ulcer dressings
Telephone: For care advice please phone 111. Pharmacies and dentists are also a valuable resource.